Supporting wounded American troops at Landstuhl regional Medical Center, the largest U.S. military hospital outside the U.S. and the first stop on the way home.
Democrats Abroad Switzerland is calling on the American Community in Switzerland to help our troops while they recover from injuries at the Landstuhl Medical Center.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
1. Purchase these items for a care package. This is a list of items that the soldiers need most right now:
· Foot powder
· Chap stick
· Toiletries / cologne
· Sweatshirts with hoods
· Jackets with hoods
· Men’s boxers and boxer-briefs, L & XL
These items must be new. They asked especially for foot powder and Chap Stick plus the sweatshirts with hoods since it's starting to get cold.
2. Other items to donate, which would make the soliders and hospital staff very happy:
· DVD movies, Zone 1 (no extreme violence)
· Books and magazines
· And Chocolate!
3. Donate money
If you prefer to donate money to the wounded warriors, it will be used it to buy these items from the US commissary store on the Landstuhl base, where the money will go a long way (or at least buy more than what it costs at Swiss stores). Log-in to Paypal and send money to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Write a card to a wounded soldier.
Tell him/her how much we appreciate their service. Keep the card undated. Soldiers really appreciate hearing from us. View a some sample messages to write in your card here:
5. Visit Landstuhl Medical Center
Join Democrats Abroad and other Americans from Switzerland on Saturday 12 December 2009 on a weekend trip to Landstuhl Miliary base in Germany. We will deliver all the gifts and letters and visit the soldiers at the hospital. Travel and accommodation are at your own expense. We will car-pool from Geneva and Zurich. Email email@example.com if you are interested in joining u s.
WHERE CAN I BRING OR SEND MY CARE PACKAGE?
We will be collecting donated care packages or items from you at the following locations and dates. This list is being updated regularly. If you would like to volunteer to collect goods, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· November 19 - Brasserie des Halles de l’Ile, 1 Place de l’Ile, from 7pm-9pm
· December 1st to 10th - SITA Building, International AIDS Society, 71 av. Louis-Casai. Contact Emily Blitz on email@example.com
· December 1st to 10th - Chemin Louis Degallier 26, Versoix. Contact Emily Blitz on firstname.lastname@example.org.
· December 8th, collection and wrapping party in central Geneva. Contact email@example.com for address info. From 6pm-8pm.
CHECK OUT OUR REPORT AND PHOTOS FROM THIS EVENT: http://geneva.democrats.ch/2009/12/wounded-warriors-project.html
· Tuesday December 8, Starbucks (Central), Limmat-Quai 144, 8001 Zurich, from 6pm-7pm
For any donations through Friday 11 December, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop off.
Friday, December 11, at Starbucks on Waisenhausplatz, near train station in Bern, from 12pm to 1pm.
Contact Natasha on 031 300 20 30 for more info or to arrange another drop off time. Her office is near the train station.
Just added this to GenevaLunch.com, to spread the word a bit further. Bravo for your efforts!ReplyDelete
Do you know swiss leading hospital address ?ReplyDelete
Tel +41 44 385 71 71
Fax +41 44 385 75 07